Here are two simple solutions that you can follow to fix the Android’s ‘insufficient storage available’ error message and free up space:
- Go to Settings>Apps
- Scroll sideways to Downloaded Here you will see the list of all apps and the space captured by them
- Tap the Menu or More button and select Sort By Size to arrange the apps by which take the most storage
- Now tap on the app to see how much space they have taken both for apps and its data (the storage section) and for its cache (the cache section)
- Now tap on Clear Cache to remove it cache and free up space. You may also tap on Clear Data, but will delete the app data, which is probably not a good idea.
- Now repeat this process for each app.
In some of the Android devices, there is quicker way to clear all the app’s cache in just one simple steps:
- Go to Settings>Storage
- Tap Cached Data. In the confirmation popup that appears, tap Delete to free up that cache to free up space.
Note – You may also uninstall the app that you do not use to free up space.